So Krista has recently dropped all things including scrapbooking, card making, bread baking, and husband nurturing so as to pursue her most recent love. . . making bows. She sits for hours and hours sometimes looking at over priced bows online so as to ascertain the precise makeup so that her daughters' heads may be richly adorned like those of greater means. Who knows what her inspiration is, but certain people suspicion it is her daughters' lack of hair and desire to adorn said bald head. Her journey to her current aptitude for the art was not without its bumps in the ribbon road. It all dates back to her 9th and 10th year of age. She tells me that she would make bows even back then using all manner of creative medium with her specialty being plastic bows carefully glued and heated so as to contain skittles on its interior. She would sell those 10 at a time at her Father's work, which is on a chicken ranch, so you know it had to be good product if people going to a chicken ranch would buy some bows. She took a 14 year hiatus to pursue other interests, get married, and have kids. Then two years ago, with the emergence of daughter number one, her interests were re-kindled and she started the bow making process. They took her a few tries to get the touch back, but after some steady practice, yards and yards of ribbon, and a secret little tool, she now makes bows by the dozens. I had no idea of the extent to which she devotes time to this hobby until I happened upon a box of at least 50 bows. What is more amazing is that she still tends to the affairs of the home and children and the occasional haircut. If she could only find a way to popularize bows for boys then she would probably go into business for herself. But with the current state of child fashion she must be satisfied with bows for her girls. So, chalk up another talent to her already lengthy list. Maybe one day I will catch up, but probably not.
9 comments:
She is extremely talented! :) I love my new hair after the cut and color, thanks, Krista!
If Only I had girls--you are right--most people would think me odd to put bows in their hair. That's okay--I love my boys (dirt, rocks, and all)
Oh, Krista--I don't check that gmail account, so don't email me there.
Krista,
It's Melodee! :) I found your blog through a friend's, who had Jeremy as a friend. Check out our blog: melodeecooper.blogspot.com. It seems like you're doing really well!
Dalleys! We are anxiously awaiting your next post! Don't leave us hanging!
Ethan- Christina Willis...used to be Swiney. This is so crazy. I went to a friends blog then found someone else I knew and somehow found your blog. Funny...it is such a small world. You have a very cute family! our blog is: www.sandcwillisfamilynews.blogspot.com
Hey guys!
I need an update! How are you all? How is school?
Hope you're having a great summer.
I second the Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley comment: we need an update! I'm here to keep my finger on the pulse of the Dalley family, but judging from the sparsity of posts, your pulse is about to flatline. Yikes!
Hey! I just wanted to drop a big congratulations on your first international blog hit!!! Who do you know in Bangkok Thailand? I know lots of people in Bangkok, afterall, I lived there for almost two years. But do I have any hits from Bangkok on my blog? Nooooo!
Post a Comment