Ethan sat in the doctor’s office waiting room hardly able to keep his eyes open. The previous 36 hours of no-sleep hospital work weighed heavily upon his eyelids. He should have been more awake seeing as this was another shot at increasing the “Man Factor” in the home, but it is not like a doctor’s office waiting rooms are exciting AND they make you sit there forever. So he tended to nod off. Krista on the other hand was more than awake and even a little anxious. She knew that her family was all set up to accept a girl without skipping a beat. There were plenty of fashionable cloths, dolls, dress up, and play purses. But what they didn’t have were balls, trucks, hot wheels, or especially boy cloths. Nevertheless, what ever the ultrasound showed, both Ethan and Krista would be happy to invite another child into their home.
The OB worked his sonogram magic and within a minute of looking he announced that the little baby was to be a little Bubba. Ethan perked up at the sound of this and Krista became excited. So some time around November 25th, a little boy will join the ranks of the Ethan Dalley family. But perhaps the most proud was Pepa as now the Dalley name will live on.
As for the rest of our life, we are now settling into our apartment in Amarillo, TX. Ethan is spending much time in the halls of Northwest Texas Hospital trying to learn how doctoring really works. Krista is spending much of her time at the apartment with the girls doing all she can to try and keep them from destroying the place by taking them to the pool and park and library. Both are busy, and both are grateful they have a job. For those not familiar with Amarillo, I can sum up the place in one phrase, “72 Ounce Steak”. I will leave the particulars for a later day, but let me just say that I was witness to one of the great lifetime achievements of Aaron Clark, as he battled with this large side of American beef . . . and he won!
In all life moves forward in rocket-like fashion. Baltimore looms in the distance and approaches with each passing day. I hope we’re ready when it gets here.
18 comments:
YAY! Congrats!!!
I'm so happy for you all! Congrats! Boys are wonderful!!! When is he due? So happy for you!
Congrats!!! How exciting for you guys!!! Maybe Baby Bubba can defeat the 72 oz steak before you leave Amarillo ;)
A Dalley boy...Wahoo!!!
Congrats Dalley Family!!! That is so exciting!! Glad everything is going well for you.
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations! A boy Dalley sounds like a lot of fun. We Sechrists can hardly wait for your arrival in Baltimore--all five of you!
Congratulations! We're so excited for you.
I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet him in the fall! Little boys are the best!
YEAH!!! Now you have to buy boy clothes, boyish toys, blue blankets and burb cloths, blue sippy cups...
Hmm... maybe you shouldn't have bought so many pink things. =)
Boys are awesome! I love mine. Can't wait to hear more news from y'all.
Congrats!!! You will have so much fun with a boy arround!!
wonderful news! miss you dearly.
evey got her first hair cut at a "salon" today. thanks to you, she did good. wish we could still go to krista's for our cut...take care!
be ready to fall in love like you never thought imaginable!
How wonderful! When I started to read that you were at the OB, I looked at the Baby Baby Baby title again and thought you were having triplets!!! Congrats on the boy! You guys are like us, but the opposite. When the girls were born, all we had of course were boy things. And has that changed much? Not really. The girls finally have little play strollers and a doll each, two princess balls, and a little kitchen...and that's about it. Haley sure likes trains! I hope you're feeling good Krista!!!
Congrats folks! I hope all is well in your part of the world
Way to go guys!!! When are you coming back to Lubbock to celebrate with the fam? I'll have to steal you away for some celebrating of our own...
Yippee- a bubba! What great news for a house full of girls. "Variety is the spice of life!"
Post a Comment