Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thoughts on Mothering

I have been going back through the May 2010 Ensign to review April Confrence talks.
This is the talk that I can't quit thinking about.
It is EXCELLENT.
I take my "job" as mom very seriously and feel blessed that I am able to stay home with my children. I often get frusrated, I often raise my voice, and I often wonder if I am doing any good. BUT I love being able to see the bajillion smiles that Trey gives me everyday, and answer Brynlee's 101 thought provoking questions, and see the cutest looks a 3 year old can possible give from Addyson.
Reading and re-reading this talk I have a renewed desire to be a better teacher to my children. I totally know that this time will go by in the blink of an eye. I want nothing more than to teach correct princliples, enjoy even the crazy times, and most of all make memories that not only my children will never forget and look back on, but that I too can remember about my "mommy" days.
My biggest worry is that this time will go by faster than fast (and it will) and I will regret not doing more.
I worry I am not doing enough, cherishing enough, listening enough, and the big one teaching enough.
So I am trying to make that extra effort to forget about the dishes/laundry/computer/decorating/cleaning WHEN the little teaching moments come along! Now I must get a little shut eye if I expect to BE that mother!

No comments: