I want to soak up the way they each are now!
I will forget in a month what each are like right now. As I heard my friend Lyndsey say not too long ago, I want to "memorize" each child. I always want to remember what it feels like when I pick Trey up from his crib from being startled for some reason late at night. His head goes right nice tucked between my shoulder and neck. He is light but getting bigger. He fits so nice around my arms. it's the ONLY time I ever get to snuggle with him. He just feels good as I embrace him. Can I always remember how he says "bawwwwl"?
Never Ever do I want to forget how squishy Addy still is, to kiss her cheeks is like a little taste of heaven. She still has the "baby squish" at 3 almost 4 and I LOVE it but....It will go away and will I forget that? Will I forget how it melts my heart when she puts both of her hands on my cheeks and chin and tells me she loves me???
One day I will miss that Brynlee always has "one more thing to tell me" before she goes to sleep. Will she still want to make sure she gets a hug and kiss from me before I drop her off at school? I melt when she says I want one more big hug and squeezes me tighter than I thought she had strength! Can I keep up our in "bed talks" when she is a teenager????
Amidst all this love do I still get easily frustrated? YES YES YES but...... when I remember these moments I find patience later to handle the difficult times a little better.
So for today I am trying to see the Saviors love more often in my three gifts to give me that patience when things are not so fun and happy!
1 comment:
OH my word, your post made me cry! I pray that we will remember these sweet times, but it seems to fly by pretty darn fast! Hopefully if we just embrace it now, we won't have to regret or feel guilt later, right?! I miss you and your darling kiddos!
Post a Comment