Sunday, December 4, 2011

DC Visitors Center

This place brings back many good memories! I love going to Temple Visitors' Centers, they make me feel right at home! It's amazing at how a flood of memories wash through my head when I walk into one. I served for 1 1/2 years at the Los Angeles Temple Visitors' Center and it forever changed my life! Needless to say this is a very special place for me to back and visit and with my family makes it all the more better.

Karen got a good shot of us with the beautiful Washington DC temple in the back!


Most of the Temple grounds are full of lights.

This is part I like the best! The lights and the nativity room are all wonderful but the Christus is like nothing else. The spirit I felt in deep measure on my mission is vividly brought back when I see the Christus and listen to the message. Even though I only heard it in Spanish that night the spirit I felt was no less. I wish I could put into words what kind of peace this brings. I truly am grateful to have this month to focus a little closer on the Savior. I am thankful for His life, which brings each of us life!

No comments: