Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Can't Get Enough of PA & Applesauce


Trey and I made a quick trip to Browns Orchard (my favorite one in Pennsylvania) to pick up some apples and get my fix of course.

There is a great small play ground on the property, which allows me to eat my very favorite sandwiches while kids play. (I'm getting very frustrated trying to put these photos in order , and its not working so unfortunately they are all out of order. Oh well)
I wish I could capture the beauty of this place, but these pictures just don't do it justice, it is seriously a beautiful place.

These paninis are seriously so so delicious. I didn't want to forget just how much I love these sandwiches.


Trey said to a boy who ran up to the playground while we were playing: Boy- "are you a baby or a boy" Trey-"I'm a cow... MOOOOWW" it was hilarious. 




When we go to this orchard I usually just get the seconds apples. They are so much cheaper and still oh so good. 

I had so much fun with him that day! I was a nice peaceful day just the two of us.

The next day I bottled applesauce all-by-my-self! I was very proud of this.


I did have a little help from the girls when they got home from school.
I was amazed that I was able to pull this off. I bottled over 20 quarts. It was a long day, but surprisingly I enjoyed it. I know that when we have start digging into these during the middle of winter, I will love it even more. 


No comments: