Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Capitol Fourth

We spent 4th of July in DC this year. Our first and last time to do this!
It was defiantly worth doing once...
(To go back we started the morning with a flag ceremony/pancakes breakfast at the church, that was nice our ward does this each year). So this how it all went.
After driving an hour to the train station, it started with a train (METRO) ride. We went along with our good friends the Christensens.  Our daughters adore their daughter Ellie. They were on cloud nine that ride!
As with EVERYTHING Trey was scared at first to get on the train (he LOVES trains BTW) but soon found that it was fin and exciting!

Bryt, Liz and the cute Kate! It was so enjoyable to be with this good family.

I only had my iPhone so pictures are not great, but I do love the buildings in DC all have such beautiful structure.

No rain (we could only wish for that), just shade to keep us alive. It was major hot and HUMID (as this area always is). That made for a harder day, but we still had lots of fun!

Trey seems to be put in the stroller for 80% of his life, but yes this is a total must! He did a great job, I must say- no nap and didn't get to sleep (and that was in the car) till about midnight!

Kate and Trey. Good buddies those two (that is when Trey is not beating up on the poor girl).

Our brand new shade umbrella had to be sacrificed to enter the festivities (concert). It really was sad. Too many dumb rules these days, but oh well.

We had a long time to wait, but had shade which made the world of a difference.

Liz and I took the big girls to the Museum of Natural History while we waited. On the way there was a fire truck with a mist fan contraption. It was a great way to cool off, the girls loved it.


I like being with these two girls, like ALOT!!!



I was fascinated by the art in the museum, I think I would like to learn a bit more about art, I never thought it was my thing till recently. On the long  list of things to one day do!

The best part was that I was with him all day. We really did enjoy each other!


I was glad I thought make a dollar tree run for glow sticks before we headed out of town. 

The capital is such an amazing building, I wish I could have gotten an even better picture.



The girls found some really nice ladies that danced the night away with them! I was so so fun to watch them.

We had an interesting view of the fireworks. They were amazing. It was like the grand-finally the whole time, that was awesome! I do wish we had of been a little closer, but still beautiful.

No comments: