Sunday, July 22, 2012

Road Trip Gone Amazingly Well!

 Very last minute we decided to take a road trip to upstate New York. Going to the Hill Cumorah Pageant was at the top of the Bucket list for us and our time was coming to an end. For some reason it wasn't until just a week or so ago that I realized that it was either now or never. I chalked it up to being too late in the game to plan a trip like this and didn't think much of it... Until Thursday night. The opening night of the pageant was Friday night. Ethan and I were talking and decided that we would try and leave that next day and make it to Palmyra. So I started preparing that morning still not knowing if it would all work out (Ethan had to go into work but thought that maybe he could get off pretty early that day and leave), which to be honest I didn't think it would. The chance of him getting off that early were slim.
I got a call at about 10am. Ethan said it was a go and that he could be home by about noon to leave. I was elated! I had wanted to do this so bad and it was finally working out. 
So i ran around the house like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything thing ready for this overnight trip.
We left at a decent time and actually made it for the Friday night show, just barley. He thought we might have to catch the Saturday show since we did have a 5 plus hour drive ahead of us.
The kids were great in the car and all ran very smoothly. I call it the Miracle trip!
I never could have imagined things going that well!
It really was perfect.

Off to a good start = plenty of good snacks!
I'm always trying to capture the beauty of this part of the country.


Just waiting.



It was an amazing production! The set is huge and the cast is amazing, the spirit testified to me yet again that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is a book that not only has stories of old, but has the answers to how God wants us to live our lives. I felt so blessed to be there that night and partake of the amazing spirit!


The Girls each got five bucks (I think thats what it was) to spend when we got there IF they were good in the car. Each time they would fight or complain they got a dollar taken away and you know what? They didn't get a single dollar taken away, I was amazed because we did not go light on them!
So they decided to go with ice-cream sandwiches.

After the pageant we found a hotel (after alot of looking since everyone and there dog had already booked months and months ago) and got some rest. Then took advantage of the pool the next morning.



Trey stayed on the step the entire time.


We ended up that afternoon going to the Corning Glass Museum, which was very interesting to see how glass is made, along with alot of other really cool glass things!





They each got a big marble.


The Glass museum also ended up being a great hit!
We chose a random new York Pizza place to eat on the way out of town and it was delicious! We all loved it. It really was terrific pizza!
I felt so grateful that all everything fell into place for the trip. I hope to never forget what a good time our family had and how much fun it was just being with each other.

This was also an amazingly beautiful drive, from what I could see when it was light. Like I have said a million times I love the beauty that is here!

No comments: