Sunday, July 8, 2012

Addy is Five

I like to make a big deal out of birthdays. That is not to say that I am fancy. I always have these dreams of doing fancy, cute, creative, all-the-thousands-of-things-you-see-online-kind-of-things, but I never can seem to make it to that level. So now that I have been a mother for over 6 years now I am becoming okay with the idea of NOT being fancy, but just having good-ole simple fun. So that is what we did today. It was just the 4 of us (till Dad got home) and we had a great time together. Most importantly Addyson June had fun and that's what I was going for!

We started off the day with a breakfast run to Chick-fil-A. We have never done this, and it was perfect. We were the only ones playing in the play area, and the chicken biscuits were delicious!

Addy really liked her breakfast!




I let Addy pic out a new game as part of her birthday gift. She picked out perfection, which is the fun game that you have to beat the timer before all the shapes come popping out. Both her and Brynlee got some good laughs out of this game!

We made donuts. Her first pic would have been to make a Dutch Market run , but it was closed. The 2nd best thing was to make some. It was pretty easy (besides having to get the oil at JUST the right temperature) and they tasted wonderful. I will defiantly try them again.


We were apparently not going quick enough getting to the gift opening.

I really can't believe there are FIVE candles on that cake.

She got sunglasses from Mema and Pepa and ended up having them on most of the rest of the night.

I laugh every time I see this picture. She is holding the 2 quarters that our sweet neighbor, Bunny, gave her along with a few other things. But man oh man she was pleased as punch to have fifty cents and wanted to make sure it made it into the pictures. I wish I could put into words how funny this girls personality is. I love her to pieces!


Since Brynlee insisted on having her doll to go along with the new doll that Addy just got for her birthday then Trey insisted to also have his own doll as well! This picture reminds me SO SO much for pictures of Erica, me and Jeremy. Similar age distance and everything! I sure wish I could remember more of those good-ole-days.

I still need to get some good five year old photos of Addy. And her pool party is coming soon.
Five things about our Addyson June. Most of the time she is easy going.
1. She is cool as a cucumber most of the time. And very agreeable.
2. She still has the cutest most contagious giggle ever!!
3. Growing out the "I have to touch EVERTHING stage" has still not happened. But this is Addy, she puts everything in her mouth and touches everything, she literally and I mean literally can't help herself!
4. Gives me kisses several times a day.
5. She Loves to sing and has such a pretty voice.
Addy always keeps us on our toes and we LOVE having her around.

No comments: